Yesterday during Disrupt 2020 I sat down with three investors who know the SaaS startup market very well, hoping to get my head around how hot things are today. Coming on the heels of the epic Snowflake IPO (more to come on that in this weekend’s newsletter), it was a great time for a chat.
I’ve boiled our 40-minute discussion down to my favorite parts, getting you the goods in quick fashion.
- how fast the SaaS investing market is today
- why Snowflake priced where it did and what that tells us about today’s market
- how SaaS companies are seeing different growth results based on their sales motion
- why some private-market SaaS multiples can get so high
- which software sectors are accelerating
- and what I learned about international SaaS.
There are more things to pull out later, like the investors’ thoughts regarding diversity in their part of the venture world and SaaS startups, but I want to give that topic its own space.
To help us get through a good bit of the written word without slowing down, I’ll introduce an idea, share a quote and provide a little commentary. This should be good fun.
This post first appeared here: https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/18/3-investors-discuss-the-state-of-saas-investing-in-2020/